Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Birthday & Halloween

I love the Fall! Leaves changing, cooler weather, holidays, hot chocolate, going to festivals...the list could go on and on! But 2 of my favorite things fall on Halloween! First, I love dressing the kids up and going Trick-or-Treating. The whole process of deciding on a costume and watching the kids transform into character cracks me up. This year Samantha is Shirley Temple (which she has no clue about, so she just says Baby Doll), Mario is a Clone Trooper or Man of Armor (depending on when you ask him) and MiMi is Snow White (with blond hair). So stinkin' cute!
Mario & I were in charge of the pumpkin carving...yes, it's puking! My husband spent last weekend with Jr. High students, I'm guessing that's where he got his inspiration ;).

But my FAVORITE thing about Halloween is that it's my son Mario's Birthday!!! I gave birth to Mario Anthony Bruning at 7:40pm October 31, 2002. My midwife was dressed as a Kitty Cat and my nurse was a Clown (a cute one, not a creepy one!). Also dressed up that day, (in the delivery room), were my nephews, Marcus and Tristan (both Ninjas)...they were 6 and 4 and not too happy that my birth experience conflicted with their Trick-or-Treating!! I can't believe that Bubba is 6 years old! He has grown so much over the past few months, both physically (like 6 inches taller) and through maturity (he's reading and writing and building friendships). I am a proud Momma! So tomorrow will be a GREAT day at the Bruning house...full of Make Believe, Trick-or-Treating and Celebrating my boy! HAPPY 6th BIRTHDAY BUBBA!!

5 comments:

Kara Prater said...

I love the kids costumes this year. Very cute! :)

Happy Birthday to little Mario, we hope yall have a wonderful day together celebrating his special day.
All our kids are growing so fast. Its so fun though and glad we get to experience it together.

Sarah said...

Happy birthday Mario! Bring the kiddos by our house tomorrow night. We'll be out in the driveway bbq-ing and passing out candy!

Jodi said...

They look so cute!!!! And happy birthday to little Mario!

Glad you left me a message... I didn't know you were in blogland! Yay! :) Thanks for your sweet words, by the way...

Anonymous said...

Mario is growing up into such a good looking little boy. I send Birthday wishes to him!

Kelly said...

I love the costume picture...they are adorable! And I can't believe Mario is 6! Mimi shared some love with Laynie on Sunday, very sweet!